Monday, July 24, 2006

Howdy Folks!

I consider myself a coach and a motivator. We'll be getting to know each other. Well, you'll get to know me at least. Growing up I was a fat kid. I started out in high school obese. Over 260 pounds with 40+% body fat (the meter only went up to 40%.) Long story short, I got into wrestling, and through that, physical conditioning and transformed into the man I am today. I was an average wrestler, but my conditioning was always superior. I never ran out of gas. The most important hold in wrestling, the best move in any sport, is conditioning. This was amplified more when I went to college (after a year off). I decided to try to walk onto a NCAA Division I wrestling team. It wasn't pretty. Guys at that level are another species of human. They have phenomenal natural ability combined with incredibly hard work ethics. I admit I was in over my head, and only lasted one season. Truth is if you aren't on scholarship it's very very difficult to manage Division I sports with school, especially since I cared about school and had a goal of graduating in four years instead of the usual five most athletes do. Anyway, while in college I had to work twice as hard to barely keep up with the rest of the team and I really developed my near obsession with conditioning. I moved on to studying various martial arts, some boxing, and mostly submission grappling. All of which I still do today. After years of trying to figure out what to do with my life, I decided to start my business, "Max Q Training LLC" to share my experiences, my training, and my motivation with people.

So that's a basic background on me. I'm sure I'll reveal more as the blog goes on. You'll find my approach different than most, for example, I haven't touched a weight since I was forced to in college. I hate weight training. So I don't do it, and neither do my clients. There's nothing wrong with it necessarily. It's just not how I want to train. We'll get into that eventually I'm sure. I can be blunt. That's just me, and if you don't like it, oh well. I don't pull punches. I say it how it is. If you're lazy, I tell you you're lazy. If you're spouting some lame excuse to me, I call you on it.

So let's getting this thing going!

First we are going to talk about the number one excuse I hear from people. Try to guess what it is before I tell you. Next time I'll dive right into it.

Train smart,

RL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home