Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Keep the focus

There was a time when my idea of a good time was sitting on my butt eating Doritos and watching TV all day. There was a time back in 8th grade when I would go to the nurse to try to get a note to get out of gym class.

It's weird to reflect back on those times. But the fact of the matter is that's where I came from. It is why I am 100% convinced that anyone can do anything they want no matter where they come from as long as they seriously put there mind to it.

I know it is a cliché. But clichés are usually clichés for a reason.

If you focus your mind on anything, no matter where you start from, with enough time you can do anything.

You can lose 100s of pounds. You can run that marathon. You can do 100 straight reps of that certain exercise.

But once you achieve the goal, you must maintain it. And that isn't easy. I'm sure you know someone who lost a ton of weight just to put it all back on. They used the power of their mind to achieve a goal, then lost the focus. Lose the focus, lose the goal. The focus never ends. It must be nourished. It must be kept alive.

The mind can make the body do amazing things. You just need to convince yourself of that fact. And then let it happen.

Train smart,

RL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home