Thursday, October 19, 2006

Talkin'

I had a business association meeting last night. It was my turn to give a 10-minute talk for a "business spotlight." Basically I just winged it. I got up there and talked about myself and my business.

For most people the thought of doing that terrifies them.

Public speaking doesn't really bother me, just as long as I'm confident in what I'm talking about.

One of the things I'm big on in my business and my personal life is getting over fear. Fear of failure, fear of success, fear of criticism, etc..

Fear stops so many of us from doing what we want in life. Why? Because of some bad thing that MIGHT happen. And so what if it does? Odds are it won't be as bad as you think.

I have several strategies I use to get over fear, and I teach some of them to my clients. What is paramount however, is just that you understand your fear is holding you back. You must confront it. And conquer it.

If you don't you will never do anything with your life worth being pround about.

Train smart,

RL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home