Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Toys

Why is it the whole world goes ape when a pop tart shaves her head? Doesn't it seem a little crazy to you?

WHO CARES!?!

In fact, I shaved my head yesterday too. Any one want to speculate on if I'm letting out a cry for help?

I don't really know how I'm going to tie this into the subject of fitness, I just wanted to say something about it.

Anyway...

I received a new toy via UPS last night. It's a piece of hardcore fitness equipment (yes I use equipment sometimes.) It's mainly used by wrestlers and martial artists. However, it's really big with Greco-Roman wrestlers. I'm looking forward to playing around with it today.

If you're one of those people who thinks you need equipment to exercise first let me say you don't, but that's besides the point. Understand this: good equipment calls out to you to be used. You can't not use it. This thing I got is just begging for me to play with it. That is what you want to find for yourself. Something that sparks a little passion in you. If that's a treadmill or a barbell, a resistance cable or a big rock, that's fine. Finding equipment that you can't help yourself from using is the best way to utilize it. Don't get something just because someone on TV told you you NEED it. Get something that appeals to you.

There's stuff out there I know will work and I know several people enjoy, but I just don't like it. So I don't use it. There is more than one way to skin a cat (I never liked that saying, but you know what I mean.) You can get functionally fit using no equipment, or a little, or a lot. The key is, if you're using something, make it something that will challenge you and you will enjoy.

Have some fun and mix it up. A little variety is a good thing.

Train smart,

RL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home