Monday, February 12, 2007

Bricks

I've been doing a lot of writing lately. I'm trying to finish this book I've been working on for the last year. Well, "working on" is a very loose term. It's more like I've written a paragraph or two every 2 weeks. Not what I call focused work.

Anyway, I made a commitment to myself that I was going to write at least 500 words every weekday, or 2500 words a week, until I got it done. That really isn't that much. And it really isn't that hard to do.

Even if I'm stuck on what to write about I'll just jot down a few thoughts about my day and before you know it I'm in the flow.

Any big project you wish to do, wether it be writing a book or maintaining lifelong fitness is best reached by breaking it down into small bits.

What sounds more doable to you? "I want to write a book." or 'I want to write 500 words a day." See what I mean?

Or how about..."I want to get into the best shape of my life." or "I want to exercise today."

Stating what you want in some ambiguous, grand manner is all well and good for the long-term. But when it comes down to actually doing the things you need to do to make it happen, keep it small, simple and DOABLE.

One brick at a time.

Train smart,

RL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home