Thursday, August 30, 2007

Pre-K day

My daughter starts Pre-K today. They grow up so fast. Before you know it she'll be getting married.

It's going to be weird today having the afternoon with just my son and I. I guess I can take the time to start teaching my boy the benefits of physical exercise, he's 4 and a half months old, never too early to start.

I think we'll start with some joint mobility exercises, babies are really flexible so that should be easy for him. Then we'll progress so some light calisthenics to warm up, and then we'll hit the heavy stuff. I'll strap a baby -sized weight vest onto him, 10 pounds should be sufficient, and order him through so plyometrics. That should be hard for him since he can't even sit up on his own yet. But I don't care, no excuses for weakness. Then we'll cool down with a light 7-mile jog and maybe a stretch. By that time his sister should be home and we can then start her workout....

...Or we could just sit around drinking from a bottle, taking naps and making baby sounds.

I haven't decided yet.

Well, maybe I'll give him a break, and just workout myself. I set the example today.

Train smart,

RL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home