Thursday, September 06, 2007

Toughness

You can never under estimate the power of your mind. There have been several times when I've been in the middle of a workout, something I had never done before, when I suddenly feel it, my body wants to quit. But my mind says, "no."

This is how you build mental toughness. Some people think you can train toughness, that you either have it or not. I'm of the opinion you can grow it just like any other muscle.

Using your mind to push you body farther and harder than you thought possible is an amazing thing. You'll learn a lot about yourself.

Now this of course is not something you should do every day, but once or twice a week is good. Try something new and challenging, get to the point where you want to quit, but don't.

I usually like to do 2 to 3 times as much once I feel the want to quit. FOr example if you want to quit after 10 push ups make yourself do 20-30, preferably 30.

Grow your toughness.

Train smart,

RL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home