Wednesday, August 30, 2006

When's Recess?

School starts up today for most of the state. As far as I know anyway. I have clients whose kids started today in different schools so I'm drawing conclusions.

This time of year parents are finding their schedules are "getting back to normal." Especially the stay-at-home moms and dads out there. Why not use this mini-transitional time of the year to schedule in some much need workout sessions?

Almost every potential client I meet with during the summer months tells me, "I don't plan on starting anything until the kids are back at school." So now that that's happened I encourage you to take control and make yourself exercise. No more excuses. And I should go call all those people now and see if they're true to their word or were just giving me lip service, which happens a lot. I think it's so they can tell themselves and others they met with a trainier, even if all they did was talk. The truth is people can do at least something during the summer. I sometimes want to tell people, "stop using your kids being out of school as a crutch." It is possible to workout with your kids home. I do it all the time.

But anyway, enough of my harsh attitude. How about all you parents out there send yourselves back to school too. The school of fitness. I know that was cheesy but you get my point.

Train smart,

RL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home