Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I'm oh so sorry

Stop apologizing for change.

Some people feel guilty when they try to better themselves.

Taking time for yourself is nothing to feel bad about. Within reason. An hour a day for exercise, yes I said an hour, start with 5 minutes if you have to, is not too much to ask of the world. I think it can survive for one hour while you do some exercise.

A really common excuse I hear, especially from mothers, is that they can't take the time away from their kids. And sometimes they get a little peeved when I simply say, "yes you can, just do it."

But but but...

No buts about it. You just have to do it. Have them exercise with you if you must, or plug them in front of their favorite movie for a bit. There's nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

The simple truth is exercise will help them be a better mother, they will be more active and be able to keep up with the kiddies.

So don't feel like you have to apologize to anyone for changing your life. Besides, if anyone feels like they deserve an apology for you taking time to exercise, they aren't a good person to be around anyway. Cut 'em out!


Train smart,

RL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home