Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Common sense

I saw another ground breaking study that concludes obesity makes asthma symptoms worse.

You gotta be kidding me!!

It never ceases to amaze me the lack of common sense in our society today. Do we REALLY need a big, EXPENSIVE, scientific study to tell us that if you are fat and have asthma, you're worse off than if you were normal weight? Apparently we do. Or at least researchers need excuses to have jobs.

The next one is going to be a study to find out why people who eat fast food regularly are less healthy than people who don't.

Here's a quote from an article about the study,

"Although the reason why obesity increases asthma severity is not entirely clear, evidence suggests that the hormone leptin, which is produced by fat cells and plays a role in weight regulation and asthma-related airway inflammation, may be involved."

Yeah that could be it. I bet moving around a huge body doesn't help with your asthma either, just a guess.

How come when I don't sleep for 24 hours I get really tired? I think I should give some researchers a grant to study this phenomenon for 10 years.

Time to exercise.

Train smart,

RL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home