Monday, September 11, 2006

Honor

Well today is the big day. 5 years. Went by fast. I'm not one for reliving the past, I like to live in the now. I'm not too crazy about how the media keeps dragging up the emotions of that day. But that's just me, some people think we have to constantly relive that day to remember it properly. I think it's more important to remember in a positive way. Remembering the good things about those lost that day, and what, if any, good things came as a result.

Instead of concentrating on the death, focus on the heroism. That day proved what humans are capable of, both good and bad.

I've talked to several people who've told me it actually inspired them to get into shape and learn how to defend themselves. Just in case they ever had to take out a terrorist on a plane. Might be a morbid thought, but that's the sort of real world stuff that drives some people. And if it drives them to get healthier and better themselves then more power to them. And that's the stuff we should be concentrating on.

I say we honor those who died that day by living our lives to the fullest and taking nothing for granted.

I'm also not too crazy about how people are making money off of it with all these movies and mini-series while hiding behind the idea that they're doing it to honor the lost. If that's the case they should be donating all profits to the families. But I doubt they will. I guess that has nothing to do with fitness. It's just my thought. Someone profiting off of 9/11 is wrong, and I don't care how they try to defend it.

Anyway, if you've always wanted to get in shape, today is a great day to start. So go get started.

Train smart,

RL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home