Friday, June 01, 2007

Hard gardening

Yesterday I planted my first ever garden all by myself. I don't know any of the tips and tricks for growing stuff so I'm sort of just winging it. Hopefully I'll get some results.

Anyway, I had to rotor-till up some fresh ground. I used this big old tiller. Man was that hard work. That thing could pull me across my yard if I wasn't careful. I sweat through two sets of clothes.

Made me feel good to know I was able to do it. I can't imagine being limited by my obesity like I used to be. There was a time in my life when doing anything like I did yesterday would have killed me. In fact, I just wouldn't have been able to. I remember once I went haying and ended up getting sent home because people were worried about me. I was fat and dehydrated, not a good combo. That was then, this is now.

Staying in shape is not just about health. It's about function, being able to basically just live life. To be able to do what you want to do, no matter how physical demanding it is.

Start living.

Train smart,

RL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home