Thursday, September 20, 2007

Feeling bummed?

I read an article this morning about how exercise can be just as beneficial as drugs when treating depression.

No surprise to me. Nothing helps bring me out of a funk like a good workout. Plus the few times I was forced to rest due to an injury made me get really bummed. It's like I can actually feel the chemicals in my brain making me happy or not-so-happy.

Here's a little quote from the article:

"Exercise may also boost people's feelings of self-efficacy and promote positive thinking. Some experts speculate that group exercise, with its social aspect, may have added benefits."

All good stuff.

There's nothing exercise can't help! At least in my world.

So if you're feeling bummed. Try a good sweat before you reach for the antidepressants.

Train smart,

RL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home