Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Post-op report

Well, my vision isn't 100% yet. Still a little fluctuation and blurriness. But nothing really bad, I could drive.

The actual procedure itself wasn't all that bad, since I took two Valium before it I was quite relaxed. There are some weird sensations while they mess with your eyes, and something I wasn't expecting is I could smell smoke when they were zapping away.

They tell me it could take a few days to see the full effects, and I guess some people have taken weeks or months to see them.

As of right now I can see better than I did without glasses by a long shot, but not quite as good as I did with them yet. However, I'm not getting too worked up, it hasn't even been 24 hours since the surgery and they tell you this will happen.

I just think people have this idea that they will open there eyes after the surgery and be shocked with instant 20/10 vision in both eyes.

Eh, I'll be happy with 20/15 ;).

Oh and the really terrible part, no exercise for a week! And I can't do any stuff that could risk something going in my eye (like judo or wrestling) for, THREE weeks. Of all the things that come along with this surgery, that is going to be the hardest for me.

I'm going to really amp up the deep breathing exercises during this time, just so I do something, and nothing could speed up the healing process in a natural way better than deep breathing. Oxygen is good for you in case you hadn't heard.

Train smart,

RL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home