Monday, October 01, 2007

Stretch the hammies

Sorry for the lack of posts last week folks. But with getting the eye surgery it wasn't always easy focusing on a computer screen. It's slowly getting better.

You think it's going to be like you instantly see clearly after the surgery, not the case, at least for me. They say it can take a few weeks to see the full effects.

I haven't been able to exercise all week. I can start up again tomorrow. So I'm looking forward to that. I get cranky when I can't exercise. One of clients tells me it's because I'm addicted to exercise. I guess there are worse things I could be addicted to.

Something I've been working on lately is my hamstring flexibility. It has been making a big difference with my back. You'd be surprised how much your hamstrings effect your back. And most of the time it's the last thing people think about. They think, "my back hurts, so I must stretch my back." And while that can be the case, they should try stretching out the muscles that surround the back as well.

If you have some annoying lower back pain I want you to try stretching out your hamstrings thoroughly. Simply reach for your toes and hold. And a little secret you can use is to have some weight on your back gently pushing you into it. Not so much that you pull something, but more force than you could generate on your own.

You can use a partner pushing down or simply a weight propped on your back. It works much better if you use some assistance in this stretch. Just be careful, focus and breathe.

You might be surprised how much this helps your back.

Train smart,

RL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home