Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Tires?

Today was my first day off of eye doctor imposed exercise restriction.

Felt good to break a sweat, and it put me in a much better mood. Even though I'm still not seeing totally clearly.

I plan to do some more tonight.

I am on a mission to get my hands on one of those huge tractor tires. They are a great workout tool. I don't necessarily need one of the 800 pounders. But I've seen some nice sized ones that I'm told weigh about 250-300 pounds.

I've heard that when farmers need to get rid of used ones they have to pay for them to be hauled off. If that's the case let me put this out there right now, if any farmers out there in the south eastern CT area have a used tractor tire they want to get rid of I will take it for FREE!!

I want one that's about 5 feet or so wide, with an opening in the middle big enough to do a squat in, and about 200-300 pounds-ish. But I'm willing to compromise on all of those parameters since I have no idea what sizes these tires come in.

You can flip 'em. Jump over 'em. Drag 'em. Pound on 'em with a sledge hammer. Do push-ups and sit-ups on 'em. You can use them for all kinds of crazy functional exercises. I've done some before but I've never gone as far as to get one of my own.

So that's the plan. If anyone out there can help, let me know.

Train smart,

RL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home