Wednesday, September 13, 2006

My First Dance Class

As I was sitting in the lobby of the dance studio yesterday, waiting for my daughter's first ever dance class to end, I was listening to all the moms talk. In fact, I had to listen, I couldn't get a word in if I tried. I was the only man there. Me and 11 moms.

The topic of conversation for at least half of the 45 minute period was what they do to workout. How some wish they could get themselves to do it, and what some of them do. It would have been a perfect discussion for me to have with them since it is my area of expertise. Plus, the one woman there who said she worked out 2 times a week seemed to be a god to these women. Imagine what they would have thought if I told them that I usually get 2 workouts a day in, but never less than one (except for my rest day.)

I'm more of a listener anyway. I like to sit back and gather as much information about the people I'm with before I say anything. It's the best way to get to know people. Just let them talk. The ones that never talk about anything but themselves are the worst. The ones that ask lots of questions are the best.

Anyway, while the ladies were gabbing away I noticed how fitness is one of those rare things that equalizes everybody. There were women of different ages, social status, financial status all sitting there talking about this one gym, or that one class with that peppy instructor, so on and so forth. They all had trouble finding time but realized they could find it if they tried. They all knew they should be exercising. But most of them had no idea what kind of exercise they should be doing to get the results they wanted. When it comes to exercise we're all the same. We're at different fitness levels, but we're still all the same. We all sweat, we all get tired. And we all need exercise.

It's hard to get done. WIth kids, jobs, homes, etc taking up our days you need to prioritize exercise. Make it a must do.

I'm sure once those women realize what I do I'll be barraged with questions. That's okay, we'll be seeing each other once a week until May

Train smart,

RL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home