Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Do you Mind?

The mind and body are one.

Now don't get worried, I'm not going all new agey on you. Is "new agey" a real term? Well either way, you know what I mean.

When I say the mind and body are one I mean I believe they are more connected than we realize in the US today.

I've heard people say, "I'm not in great shape physically, but my mind is still sharp as a tack." Okay fine, but I offer up the argument that you would be even "sharper" if your body was fit.

Focusing the mind is important, but so is focusing the body. When you train your mind, you're training the body. When you train the body, you are training the mind.

Nothing proves what you have upstairs more than practicing the discipline and fortitude it takes to push your body through a tough workout. Your body might be telling you to stop, but your mind tells you to keep going. Being able to command things of your body with just the power of your mind will lead to the power to accomplish great things in other aspects of your life.

I've had some of my best ideas in the middle of a hard workout.

The next time you're doing a tough workout I want you to think about some other goals you have, career, love, whatever it is. I want you to focus that same mental energy you are using to push yourself through the exercise routine into those goals. Breath life into them. Make them real in your head. You're mind and body will then naturally do what it takes to obtain these goals. Sometimes without you even realizing it. It can be a little freaky. But I've experienced it time and time again.

The mind and body are one, train them, focus them, and use them. That's what they're there for anyway.

Train smart,

RL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home