Thursday, December 07, 2006

Cut yourself a break

Self-Criticism. It's a killer.

"I'm not good enough."

"That's not enough reps."

"I'm terrible at this exercise."

"I'm not losing weight, why even try?"

So on and so forth.

Self-Criticism is not a good way to motivate yourself. All it does is amplify any negative energy around you and basically, bums you out. I don't know about you, but I don't feel like doing anything when I'm bummed out.

Instead of criticizing everything you do, analyze it. Stay objective and relate what you are doing to the goals you have set for yourself.

"I can do 10 reps now, I want to get to 25, so I'll try to add one rep every 2 days."

"I want to get better at this exercise, so I will focus on it intently for the next 2 weeks."

Think that way instead of always thinking you're not good enough, or CAN'T do something.

If you think you can't, then...you can't. If you know you can, then...you guessed it, you will.

Train smart,

RL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home