Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Neon

I was driving early this morning while it was still dark. I was in a part of the state I don't frequent too often. I noticed this glowing neon sign in the window of a building, I assumed it was a veterinarian. The sign said, "Floyd's Dog and Cat Repair."

I thought it was funny.

First time I've ever seen a sign like that at a vet's office. It served its purpose, I noticed it and remembered it. And if I lived in the area and was looking for a vet I would certainly check him out. Because I admire his creativity and sense of humor.

I 'm sure he received criticism from "peers" about his unique sign. That happens when one tries to stand out from the pack. But he obviously doesn't care.

That is the sort of attitude you need to have.

People will criticize you when you start exercising regularly. They will think you're trying to be different, to draw attention to yourself. They won't like it because it will shine a light on their own short-comings.

Don't let it bother you. Be proud of yourself for making a positive change in your life.

Take this approach it every aspect of your life. Don't care what they say. And if you fail, get up and try again. It takes guts to change. It takes guts to keep going. You will be rewarded. That's the way life works.

Let your neon sign shine bright for the world to see.

And always keep your sense of humor.

Train smart,

RL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home