Monday, November 20, 2006

3 Things

I went hunting on Saturday (please no emails if you're anti-hunting, you're not going to change my mind.)

While I was trudging through the woods I was thinking, "This is why I stay functionally fit." So I can do the things I want in life, even if they require a moderate amount of physical exertion, and do them well (the physical part of hunting that is, the actual hunting is a different story.)

Many people don't do the activities they want to do because they simply just can't at their current fitness level.

Since I keep myself in shape it is no big deal for me to put on 3 layers of warm clothes, walk a few hundred yards or so, up hill, both ways (just kidding), climb a tree and be able to sit there for hours.

I've been unable to do the things I wanted to because of my weight and fitness level before, when I was a kid. That will never happen to me again. Quite frankly, it sucks. Having to turn down something fun, that you've been wanting to do, because you just physically can't do it, or fit in it, is what I call a "call to action" moment.

There are several different kinds, and I've talked about them before. But it deserves repeating. If a moment like that happens to you, and you realize how bad of you are off, remember, it really is NEVER too late to do something about.

You can get in shape, you can lose the weight. You just need 3 things. Knowledge, motivation, and the will to do it. I can offer you the first two, but the latter is up to you.

What are you made of?

Train smart,

RL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home