Friday, November 17, 2006

Memories

I think I found the very first article I ever wrote, if this isn't it it's dang near close. Oh the memories. You can barely call this a article, it's pretty short. I forgot what it was for though. Oh well, enjoy...

---

The Need for...Exercise?
By Ryan Linderson

Human beings have few basic fundamental needs. Food, water, shelter, that's about it. But, what about exericse? Does exercise qualify as a basic fundamental need?
Ask different people and you'll get different answers. I would say yes it is. The man down the street who weighs 450 pounds would probably have something different to say.
People, especially children, are getting lazier and fatter by the minute. Obesity leads to disease. Disease leads to death.
One of the definitions for the word "need" is: a physiological or psychological requirement for the well-being of an organism. It's my understanding the well-being of any organism is usually in direct opposition to that organism being dead. Therefore, I would have to say anything used to prevent death is a need. Bing, bang, boom, exercise is a need. I took critical thinking in college.
One of my mentors used to say when he was asked how often one should exercise. "How often do you eat or breath?" The asker usually got his drift.
If you're not exercising now you must start. The hardest repetition of any exercise is the first one. Transition periods in life are always hard. Recognize it will be hard. Then take it on like the biggest challenge of your life and refuse to surrender since surrender would mean premature death to due totally avoidable circumstances.
Make the time. The time to exercise is there somewhere in your day. I've heard the 'no time' excuse countless times and there has yet to be one person I could not carve out some time when the told me their schedule. It's just a fact, when you want something bad enough you find the time.
Exercise is important. Move or die. Blunt? Yes. The truth? You bet.

---

That guy sounds pretty smart if you ask me!

Train smart,

RL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home