Thursday, November 30, 2006

How ya eatin?

People often think about what they eat when they're trying to lose weight. But they rarely think about how they eat.

Have you ever seen people shove as much food as possible in their mouths in each bite? They finish a whole sandwich n about 2 or 3 mouthfuls. Then they feel like having another because they don't feel like they ate that much. The first sandwich hasn't even made it down to the stomach yet and they're already starting on the second.

Now, I have always been a fast eater, and I still am. I finish my meal before everyone usually. But I know to wait a few minutes after I'm done and eventually I feel full.

Next time you eat pay attention to how your eating. Take small bites, slow down, enjoy your food. And stop when you are full.

Full does not mean your stomach feels like it's about to burst. Full is satisfied and comfortable.

Eating is not a sport. No matter what those "competitive eaters" want to tell themselves (give me a break.) Eat in a relaxed state. You'll notice you'll tend to eat less when you practice this.

So pay attention to what you eat of course, but also how you eat. And chew with your mouth closed will ya? Didn't your mother teach you manners?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home