Friday, December 15, 2006

Reluctant rest

This past week I have been working out hard and often. I've been doing my own stuff then going to wrestling practice and partaking in some of that as well.

Anyway, when I woke up this morning my body was screaming at me. It was telling me to rest. I felt sick to my stomach, I had a headache and a slight soreness all over my body.

When this happens I know it's time to lay off a bit.

Everyone usually thinks I'm all about working out all the time as hard as you can. Well that is just stupid. Eventually you will just do more harm than good. You'll get hurt and set your training back more than just one day for rest.

But, there is a major difference between legitimately needing rest and just being lazy. The only real way to understand the difference is to experience it. You will know when your body needs rest. Trust me.

After taking this morning off I think I will still roll around a little at wrestling practice. After all, I need to keep those boys in line.

Have a great weekend of holiday shopping. Make sure to take exercise breaks.


Train smart,

RL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home