Thursday, March 15, 2007

Fire.

Like most guys I love fire. Now not in an unhealthy, arsonistic way. Is "arsonistic" a word? Sounds good anyway. I just think fire is cool. It admits heat, light, and an overall powerful energy.

One little thing I like to do that can sort of harness the power of fire to help with my exercise is to workout in front of a flame. Preferably a roaring fireplace, but if you don't have one of those, a single candle will work. I know this my sound silly or like some sort of kooky metaphysical thing, but it works.

Have a flame burning in front of you while you exercise. Focus on it. You'll be surprised how much energy you can draw from it.

And of course, deep breathing concentration exercises in front of a flame are awesome too. Otherwise known as meditation. I don't like using the word 'meditation' too much just because in our American culture it has a connotation of being just for relaxing. Which is not really what it is meant exclusively for. I think to focus deeply on goals, so it's not so much "relaxing," but intense concentration.

Now don't be sending me emails yelling at me for saying meditation is not for relaxing. I'm saying it can be for that, but not ONLY that.

Anyway, use a flame. It's really interesting to see what happens.

Train smart,

RL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home