Thursday, March 29, 2007

Hurt back blues

I recently injured my back. Nothing too serious, just a muscle thing, the disks are fine. But it has forced me to take it easy workout wise for the past week. Which for me is really difficult. I actually get slightly depressed. One of my clients whose a doctor said that means I'm addicted to exercise. Oh well, I guess if there's one thing to be addicted to, that's it.

Seriously though, taking it easy this last week has been very hard for me. My back starts to feel about 85-90% better and I feel like I could do something, but then the voice of my chiropractor comes into my head telling me that even though I feel better the injury is still there internally and needs to heal up. Right now it's feeling the best it has since Sunday, which is one of the times it was feeling better so I worked out hard and flared it up again.

It stinks. But I'm dealing with it. Thanks for your concern.

Do today I am going to do a light workout consisting of isometrics, stretching, and deep breathing. Sometimes it is important to put our stubbornness aside and do the smart thing for once. That last sentence was directed at myself.

Rest when you need to, but work out whenever you can. My philosophy on life.

Train smart,

RL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home