Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Condition

I'm sure you all lost sleep last night wondering how my back was doing. Well, I'm glad to report it's feeling good this morning. It was tightening up a little at Judo last night, but when I got home I did some nice hanging stretches that seemed to do the trick.

I was a little rusty last night. And I got tired faster than usual, but that will come back quick. I just hate the feeling of getting tired while in "combat." I always try to keep my conditioning at a high level so when an opportunity to roll around with someone comes, my body doesn't let me down.

One the the greatest wrestler's of all time, Karl Gotch, said, "Conditioning is your best hold." And it's the truth.

The same holds true for all aspects of your life. Getting yourself mentally and physically conditioned to deal with the ups and downs of life is important. Otherwise you'll end up a depressed hump contributing nothing to society.

Exercise your body, mind and spirit. Perform physical exercises, read and never stop learning. Never stop preparing yourself for "the day." You never know when it could come by and you'll be up to bat. Conditioning is your best hold on life.

Train smart,

RL

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I really like your blog. I am involved in RBSD, but I can relate to the feeling of sparring when the conditioning is not up to par.

Jim
Contemporary Fighting Arts
http://www.sammyfranco.com
http://www.sammyfranco.com/phpbb

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home