Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Confident kids

Self-confidence is something that seems lacking in children today. "I can't" is becoming a generation defining term. I really don't know why. Perhaps it is because kids today have most things done for them and if they have trouble with something they are diagnosed with a disease and put on medication and made to feel like there is nothing they can do to better themselves.

I wonder about the future. I wonder what these kids will grow up to be. Sure there are the exceptions, but it seems more and more kids today chant the "I can't" mantra.

I believe that training the body is a great way to build overall self-confidence. Training to achieve a physical goal, no matter how small it is, and accomplishing it when you thought you couldn't, grows self-confidence like you wouldn't believe. I've literally seen teenagers transform, and I did it myself at that age.

It's so sad seeing these children sitting around getting fat and doing nothing. What kind of future will they have? Not much of one.

I encourage you to nurture your child's self-confidence. It's more important than anything they'll learn in school. After all, if they don't have the confidence to act then they won't use any knowledge they have to do anything worthwhile.

Train smart,

RL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home