Monday, August 13, 2007

Fair report

I had a long busy weekend at the fair. Mostly just hanging out in my booth and talking to people. But it is still tiring.

I looked back on this blog and saw that last year after the fair I wrote about an obese little girl I saw and how heartbreaking it was. Well, this year it was a little boy.

He was hanging out of his clothes, probably no more than 7 or 8-years-old. Definitely morbidly obese. And of course his mother was just as bad. It should be considered a form of child abuse. I know that may seem extreme to some people but it is getting so out of hand. These parents are just flat-out stupid. Someone's got to say it.

It's okay to splurge on the junk food occasionally like I did this weekend. But the fair is once a year, not everyday. This little boy was eating enormous amounts of junk food, and he obviously gets lot of practice doing so.

I wish there was a way we could show these kids what there futures will be like, or better yet, show their parents. This is the first generation in history whose average life-span will be less than the previous generation. If we keep going this way eventually our whole country will be full of fat, weak, lazy people. What will happen then?

Something has got to change, and soon.

I pray for that little boy and his parents. And I will never give up hope.

Train smart,

RL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home