Monday, October 15, 2007

Chill out, just not too much

It's starting to get cool outside and this is unfortunately the time of year when some people decided to stop moving and "conserve" some body fat...like a bear.

The cold weather combined with a pinch of SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) can add to a quick 10-20 gain for some people.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard the excuse, "it's too cold outside to jog so I can't exercise." Are you kidding me?

About 90% of the exercise I do is inside, and I can very easily make it 100% when the weather is too wintery to exercise outside. However there is a place for cold weather training, but that's a topic for another day.

Don't fall into the trap of using the cold weather as an excuse to sit around all day. You and I both know you can exercise anywhere, anytime, it just takes the will and creativity to do so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home