Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Water

I had an interesting day yesterday. I had to get a new well pump and water tank put in my house. We had no water for about 24 hours. Man did that stink. It wasn't cheap either. Nothing makes you feel quite like a homeowner like a huge, unexpected expense that pops up out of nowhere. Makes a man feel good.

I became really aware of how much water I drink per day. I don't drink anything else besides the occasional cup or coffee or tea. I down about 1 1/2 gallons a day. Not having water at my tap interferred with my workout schedule too. We had to conserve the bottled water we had so I couldn't really justify drinking a half gallon of it in one sitting after a tough workout. Unless I felt like going out and buying water. I hate doing that because I always feel like a chump for paying for something I can get for free at my own house.

Anyway, when stuff like this happens it's easy to get into a negative mind frame. Feeling sorry for ourselves because of our "terrible luck." I always try to stay positive. People have it much much worse off than me or you. Of course exercise helps too. It clears the mind and gets you into a state of mental clarity, even if it's brief. In fact, the night we had no water I had an excellent workout, because I just let all that frustration out and expelled it through the exercise.

It was tough not gulping down all the water I wanted after though. But I survived.

Whenever anything bad happens to you, focus your mind with a good workout. You'll be surprised how everything seems a little better after.

I will end with this thought: Running water is a good thing.

Train smart,

RL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home