Monday, December 18, 2006

Mall fitness

I'm surprised people gain so much weight during the holidays because of all the extra walking around malls they do.

Of course the mall food courts with the junk food those people shovel in while shopping probably negates any benefits they would get from the walking.

I was at a mall last night. And I'm the sort of guy that likes to walk to where I'm going as fast as I can, get what I want, and get out. I was noticing all the people who were getting seriously tired from just walking around the mall. Some of them were teenagers. Fighting over benches and cushy seats stationed throughout the mall.

If you can't walk around shopping for a couple hours without feeling like you need sleep 12 hours to recover you should take a serious look at your fitness level. Now I know shopping can be exhausting because of other factors, mostly mental, but that's different. I'm talking about if you just can't physically handle walking, if that's the case, you have a problem.

If I could get away with it I'd probably run around the mall just so I could get out of there faster. But I'd probably be tackled by the mall security folks thinking I stole something.

Take an honest look at your fitness level and make this coming new year your year for improvement. If you're already in good shape, then find one thing you would like to get better at and focus on that. There is always room for improvement, no matter who you are or what you do.

Train smart,

RL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home