Monday, January 08, 2007

Yucky

Over the weekend I caught the nasty stomach bug that is going around. It was horrible for about 12 hours. And the worst part is I had to go coach at a wrestling match all day.

I'm convinced that if I wasn't in as good of physical shape that I'm in I wouldn't have been able to do it. As I was I was having trouble standing at some points. I couldn't even keep water down for a while. I was so dehydrated it was painful.

But I had to function. Why? Because I had a bunch of kids depending on me. There was no one else to take my place.

This is just one reason why it's important to keep yourself in tip top shape. When you do get sick you will be able to function and. more importantly, recover better and faster than an out-of-shape person.

Just look at Lance Armstrong, he had a 50% chance to live according to the doctors, but to him it might as well have been 99%. I heard him in an interview saying he told himself he knew he would survive because of the condition he was already in with his fitness.

Now of course I'm not comparing cancer to a little stomach bug. But I think you can see what I mean. Staying in shape is a great way to prepare you for getting over sickness. You will get sick, it's a fact of life. However, the better physical condition you are in going into it, the better of you will be coming out of it.

Train smart,

RL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home