Monday, September 25, 2006

But I WANT IT!

It amazes me how some people will spend hundreds, even thousands of dollars, on varying types of exercise equipment only to use it once or twice. Then it just takes up space.

Of the very limited equipment I use occasionally I've never just bought something right from a store (except for a medicine ball or two.) Almost everything I use I've built myself, or gotten for free or very little money.

Why?

Because I feel fitness isn't something only people with the money to buy the gear should be allowed to do.

All you need is a little ingenuity.

Adapt and improvise to your situation. If you want something, find out a way to get it (a legal way.) The human mind is capable of amazing things when it's given the proper motivation. And there is no motivation more powerful than "want."

A friend of mine recently wanted to get a treadmill, probably the one piece of big bulky equipment I would actually recommend. Anyway, he's a big guy, and he wanted to really sprint and pound on the treadmill hard. So we're talking the need for a commercial quality treadmill. At least 5 grand.

Well he couldn't afford that. But he wanted it. He stayed focused on it and before you knew it he came across someone who wanted to get rid of a big, commercial treadmill they had gotten from a gym that went out of business.

My friend got his heavy duty treadmill for 200 dollars.

He wanted it, and he got it.

You just have to be creative, and pay attention. The things you want might be right around the corner. But only if you know when to act.

Doers adapt to what they have to accomplish goals. Whiners sit around and whine about what they don't have. I choose to be a doer.

How about you?

Train smart,

RL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home