Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Candy

Candy candy candy...

Take it easy today, treat yourself to a little...A LITTLE.

Get that workout in.

I'm not too crazy about Halloween. Might have something to do with how I sprained my ankle really bad one Halloween when I was a kid and had to go to the emergency room dressed as a Mummy. Ever since then it kind of lost it's appeal to me.

Being a shy kid, I didn't like going up to stranger's houses. And being a spoiled kid, I could get any candy I wanted just by asking my mommy.

I don't like dressing up, haven't done it since probably 11 or 12 years-old. But I do like how excited my daughter is getting about dressing up as a "dancing princess."

Lately, she's been doing her version of push-ups whenever she sees me exercising, which is usually everyday. She says, "Daddy, I workout with you?" And I say, "Sure baby, let's go." And she hits it. Push-ups, squats, jumps, even stretching at the end (I taught her that yesterday.)

I make sure she sees me doing it. She'll grow up thinking it's a part of everyday life. It will be normal for her to exercise everyday. She'll want to do it. She won't feel right if she doesn't. That's my goal. And it appears to be going as planned. It's one of my gifts to her to help her live a long, healthy and productive life.

Don't worry, I'll let her have a little candy tonight. All in moderation.

Train smart,

RL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home