Monday, October 30, 2006

You Look Marvelous!

Who cares what people think?

All too often I see people who are afraid to exercise because somebody might see them. I still don't understand this phenomenon.

People, ladies (I see this almost exclusively in women, sorry) why does it matter if someone catches a glance of you while you are exercising? So you might be red and sweaty. Your make-up might not be perfect. SO WHAT?! If you want to look your best later you might have to look your worst for 30 minutes a day.

I had a client once who had all her make-up and jewelry on while "working out." I put that in quotes because this particular client never pushed herself, as soon as she might start breathing heavy she would tell me she needed a break. And even if I said, "no you don't" she would still just go through the motions and not push herself.

I was happy when she quit.

I see people at their most vulnerable and "unattractive" states. I think that's when you can see a person for who they truly are. All the other stuff is stripped away and you see them, the person at their core. They either give it everything they have, or they don't. There is no in-between.

Maybe you've never seen yourself like that, maybe you should. Find out what you're made of and forget about how you look to others. It doesn't matter. You matter. Go exercise and get all red and sweaty...it's a good thing.

Train smart,

RL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home